Price Charts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Qaazx, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Qaazx

Qaazx Retired Staff
    Wicked

With the introduction of dynamic prices in Season 3, it would be super neat if a new feature was introduced on the forums to coincide with this since I don’t see how it would work in game. If it is possible, simple, and won’t lag the server, there should be charts that show the price changes over time. For example, the price of cactus would be grabbed from the server every so often (once every hour, once every six hours, etc) and the collected data would be plotted on a graph (X = Time, Y = Price). Other things such as volume sold for that time range could be shown too if possible. This can help some players try to predict the future if trends can even be made off of the new game dynamics, determine the best times to stock up and when to sell, and would just be an interesting new feature for the game.

#1 Qaazx, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

Season 3 I have moved everything in game, which means most information will be found In game. With that said, it is unnecessary work to add this chart feature and just seems a little much.

In game there will be High, Low, and current prices, however dynamic prices will be updating every 24 hours. This means that price drops will be pretty big going from day to day.

I've simulated this a few times and there really isn't any simulation where price will go up, which is why I'm not going to spend the time making this chart.

Qaazx likes this.
  3. Parmind_88

Parmind_88 Active Member

If flabour could get the data out of the server into some kind of database format (prolly harder than it sounds) I would be happy to set up some kind of webpage for charting it.
    Anyway, yeah... It is still kind of pointless...

4. Qaazx

Qaazx Retired Staff
    Wicked

I’ll query the data (that I don’t even have access to) and you build the page (that you don’t even have access to), now flavour has no work to do