Let's Have a PvP Tournament!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flavour, Aug 4, 2016.

?

Would you like to see or compete in a tournament with huge rewards?

1. Yes, that would be very cool and interesting!

80.0%
  2. No, I feel like it would not be a good use of time or resources.

20.0%
  1. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

Back in April of 2013, @maxito43 decided to host a PvP tournament for drugrun. It was held on a separate server with no lag (supposedly).

There were 64 contestants, and the top 3 prizes were pretty nice coupons in the donation store. If i remember correctly, 1st place got $200 of donation store credit (That was the price for Emperor rank back then). 2nd place received $100 credit (King rank back then), and 3rd place received $50 (Lord rank back then).

However, we never got to finish this tournament because @maxito43 had irl stuff, Lodo was an inactive owner, and @Looka stopped playing minecraft.

I think it's time we do another one of these tournaments, now that we have the methods to make it automated.

With the Auto-ban NCP, owners would not technically need to be present, but it would be preferred to make sure no one is cheating. Obviously for this tournament, we would do a MUCH smaller bracket, maybe 24 or 32 players tops. There would be no mcmmo, so everyone has an equal chance to fight and win.

Players would receive god vanilla armor and weapons, as well as 5x god apples. I would like to use 1.8 PvP instead of 1.9.

For those of you who are new to v3, here is a printout of the bracket from the previous tournament:

[​IMG]

I was LethaLx_xMunsteR at the time of this tournament :)

2. KruidenThee (Swoqy)

There is already a Survival Games tournament.

3. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

I'm aware, but survival games is FFA, takes quite a long time to set up, and the maps have only gotten 7 total votes.

This PvP tournament is pure 1v1 competition and a lot more interesting than survival games imo. Survival games could also easily have a winner, with everyone else just throwing the game so one person wins and shares rewards. Pretty difficult to do that in 1v1, especially when everyone has the pride of a man with small testies.

4. maxito43

maxito43 DrugRun Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We will be hosting a PvP tournament when time is ready. This will be after we have introduced the PvP Arena's, like players knew them from DR2.

5. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

Do you mean the /pa in v2 with the giant gold temple?