Frisk cool down for cops.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by koszik, Aug 9, 2017.

?

Frisk Stick Nerf

This poll will close on Aug 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM.
  1. Add a timed cooldown of x seconds between frisks (Currently 0s)

2. Increase the fine for failed frisks to $xxx (Currently $200)

3. Don't do anything

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. koszik

koszik Retired Staff
    Wicked

I know cops only thing do it is frisk, but it gets annoying when cops go around frisking everyone they see even when they just frisked you 10 seconds ago. I think they should have a 30 second cool down or something around that so if they frisk someone and find nothing, they get the cooldown. I think this would make it more realistic as stupid as that sounds because cops may only frisk if they have a suspicion that someone has drugs on them.

2. hippyguyman

hippyguyman DrugRun Mod
    Staff Member Moderator King

can we pls stop trying to nerf cops ;-;. This issue is easily avoided in the sense that you can just not be in the area in which the cop is. Standing around the booster shop while boosters are on (for example) will get you frisked. Running around abancity, will get you frisked. People complain about being frisked without drugs in abancity but that doesn't make much sense considering the players are always picking up drugs and other loot items, so it makes sense to frisk them over and over.

3. koszik

koszik Retired Staff
    Wicked

Its just annoying getting frisked for 10 sugar when i go to pshops for something just because people frisk anyone they see. then right when i get out of jail i get frisked again for no reason. turn a corner and get frisked again. Yes cops should make more money, but i think there should be consequences for not finding drugs on people. cops arnt making money when they frisk someone for 10 sugar right when i walk out of spawn.

4. adam mirza

adam mirza Member

It's annoying enough when cops camp outside spawn just to frisk kids with drugs on them. I think this nerf would be a great addition to the game.

5. ShakeNBake

ShakeNBake Active Member
    Lord

Don't carry drugs on you past spawn. Simple.

6. hippyguyman

hippyguyman DrugRun Mod

How hard is it not to carry drugs outside of spawn?

7. hippyguyman

hippyguyman DrugRun Mod

In regards to cops camping outside of spawn, counteract this by:
    - selling when no cops are online
    - selling at alternate locations
    - using invisibility potions
    - paying people to bait for you

The whole point of being a cop is to "frisk kids with drugs on them" lol. If we can't frisk what is a cop? Useless.

ShakeNBake likes this.
  8. koszik

koszik Retired Staff
    Wicked

very, i use sugar for pvp and get caught every time ;( i cry evr tim

9. ShakeNBake

ShakeNBake Active Member
    Lord

Go PVP somewhere else ;)

10. ~Blunt

~Blunt DrugRun Helper
    Wicked

As alot of ppl have /EC stash ur drugs in there when traveling thru spawn, in addition to #SpawnCamperPoPos ...they are just nooblets,but there is several warps that take you near many shops around spawn to sneak around undetected from the pos, me myself have been in the past frisking ppl and jailing them alot in the past but haven't been as much due to trying to get parkour onto the server, I'll make a post about parkour being implemented in to the server and like to see what the peoples feedback is on that subject -Blunt

11. ~Blunt

~Blunt DrugRun Helper
    Wicked

Also I don't think a cooldown would be good as ppl just plan out and say "hey let's all run at the same time" as the horde of players go by u can only get one of the b4 they reach the shop, on a further note if this were to be accepted then there is no reason to play on the server as police

12. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

Added a poll to the topic. Poll will close in 2 weeks. Please have your friends votes :)

13. Skyler

Skyler Member

We have seen, based off the baltop and /f top, that cops make the most money, however that is i dont know but they are the richest on the server. So maybe it does make sense to try and nerf them a bit.

14. ShakeNBake

ShakeNBake Active Member
    Lord

Cops Save their money because we cant prestige like druggies can.

15. Skyler

Skyler Member

Prestiging is suppose to be a payout, it should be helping the druggies because of the multiplier.

16. xRekless

xRekless DrugRun Helper
    Staff Member Lord Helper

cops generally make significantly less than druggies, druggies money does not show on baltop the same way because they are constantly spending it on ranks, but overall most druggies have made more total money than any given cop

17. oboshia

oboshia DrugRun Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Wicked

I think a lot of changes can be made to police like a police ladder revamp, but a cool down on frisking won't be too beneficial.

18. svtSandman

svtSandman DrugRun Helper
    Staff Member Helper Wicked

We are at the top of /f top due to several factors. 1) Blunt had like 16 stacks of donator keys when the server reset due to his overwhelming support of the server during S1. We also have me who is a chief and has no more ranks to buy so I save my money. There is also hippy who is saving to just buy all the way to chief. So once he is done he won't be all the way up there. Both me and hippy have also just gotten very lucky on flips recently. It isn't because frisking and the cops recipes. As well as all the other reasons given. Trying to have cops nerfed would just dishearten all current cops and we would get no others.

19. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

To be fair to all, money isn't an argument for police nerfs. A lot of money in police f bank was granted by us Admins and only police chiefs have access to that money, strictly to be used for claiming and base related things.

svtSandman likes this.