Auto farms broken?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheObliquities, Aug 10, 2016.

1. TheObliquities

TheObliquities Retired Staff
    Wicked

So, there was recently a post about how to make auto farms without them breaking, or triggering the anti-lag plugin thing. Having followed that tutorial almost perfectly, I am curious as to why my auto farm is no longer working.
    We have moved to a more powerful dedi thing, so lag shouldn't be as big of an issue any more, and since people have followed that tutorial, there should be nearly no lag caused by auto farms.
    If my sources are correct, a new plugin was installed to stop redstone in auto farms, or something along those lines, so that confuses me.
    Given that the other main drugs servers allow auto farms, I am wondering why it looks like we are going to be terminating the whole auto farm thing.

2. DrunkenPiglet

DrunkenPiglet Retired Staff
    Wicked

As expected the topic that explained how to build them made people realise that they should actually make one = more auto farms.
    Max came on and said they were causing the lag issues so he decided to install a snew redstone plugin to stop it.

3. TheObliquities

TheObliquities Retired Staff
    Wicked

Oh, okay. Will it be permanent, or do you not know?

4. DrunkenPiglet

DrunkenPiglet Retired Staff
    Wicked

Cant tell you that answer, if I were to guess then I'd say yes but we'll see.

5. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

I am pretty positive it will be temporary until we can stabilize the server. Until then, no redstone..

6. maxito43

maxito43 DrugRun Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We've added a new plugin that completely breaks autofarms on the entire server to save up resources so we're able to hold at least 40 players without lagging to death. The new dedi is not powerful enough for DR, thus we're going to switch to a more powerful, server-grade CPU. More info on this soon

TheObliquities and Flavour like this.