A few chat rules (worth a read)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheObliquities, Aug 10, 2016.

1. TheObliquities

TheObliquities Retired Staff
    Wicked

I'm writing this because there were some inappropriate, gender specific questions that were targeted to a female player.

Basically, sometimes when I get online, and I read chat, I realize that the chat isn't always the kindest, or nicest of chats. The chat's that I have read would probably scare off newer players, and we don't want that to happen. There are often things in chat that i really don't want to have to deal with, because I believe it would be common knowledge, and common sense, to not ask such inappropriate and unnecessary questions, or say certain words, but apparently, it's not globally known to not be offensive, so that's why members of staff are here, to make chat a safe place for people to be.

Remember people, not everyone on DrugRun is a 15 year old boy who likes to talk about naughty things. Some players aren't even teenagers yet, and they possibly don't know what some bad words are, so lets let them find out about all the bad things in the word in their own time.

Below are the things that I will have zero tolerance with i.e. a warning, and an instant 10 minute (or more) mute;

1) Anything that I believe is offensive to specific gender of player regarding sexual/personal information.
    YES, girls play on DrugRun, WOW! How cool is that! We have female players, and these girls are no different to the girls you will talk to outside, or at school, or at the shops, or wherever you go, and I'm guessing you don't ask them super inappropriate questions regarding personal information when you see them in real life, so don't ask them on the server either. It's rude and insensitive.
    If you find out a player is a female, SWEET, that's cool, but that's nothing special. When you come online, and play a game, your gender doesn't mean anything. People don't even need to know your gender when you play Minecraft. We're all the same shaped pixels in the same game

2) Anything that I believe is extremely racist, or offensive to any race (ethnicity), any religion, or any gender or sexuality of people.
    Having dealt with racism in real life, I don't really want to have to deal with it in game too, and I doubt many others want to have to read really racist things.

3) When caps (capital letters) and spam happens at the same time.

This is basically 2-3+ of the same message in capitals soon after one-another.

4) Any form of advertising that I believe was intended to promote another server.
    If someone comes onto DrugRun, saying how great [OtherServerName] is, and that other players should look at it when they have time, or if the player just says, "PLAY THIS SERVER [OtherServerIP]", or something else similar to that, I will mute you until you are banned.

There are other things that I will warn you for with the /warn command, but those warns will be given out as a punishment for breaking the server rules (which can be found by typing /rules).

There are some things where myself, and other members of the staff team will only verbally warn you. If you repeatedly do the same thing even after we have written "stop the caps", or "[username], stop that", then we probably will use the /warn command.

The main things that I want you all to not do is the verbal abuse that is targeted to a specific gender, ethnicity, sexuality, or religion. Even when I'm not online, don't be an insensitive player.

#1 TheObliquities, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

Those colours are literally making me blind as i type this

3. TheObliquities

TheObliquities Retired Staff
    Wicked

Alright, I'll get rid of the colours, just because Flavour asked so kindly for me to remove them