Abancity Adjustments

Discussion in 'Denied suggestions' started by Energyintake, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Energyintake

Energyintake Member

Abancity should be free, just as the Christmas Tree was in spawn.
    If this sounds OP, adjust the contents of the crates and chests in Abancity as
    necessary, and maybe die down on the amount of mobs there so it's not entirely
    impossible for lower-level individuals without full legend sets of armor to get in there.
    I've donated for boosters and keys and getting into that place as I did when it was
    briefly open on Friday would best be free for everybody, or atleast in terms of legitimate
    real-life money. Rank requirements or money in-game would be preferable at most.
    At least don't make it cost actual money because I'm broke and so is most everyone
    else, lmfao.​

#1 Energyintake, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. koszik

koszik DrugRun Helper
    Staff Member Helper Wicked

Back when it first came out, the chests respawned every 3 hours. It was incredibly OP then they moved it to 8 hours and if you had multiple accounts like me ;) it was still over powered. When it first came out, it was mainly "beta" so it wasnt meant to stay forever. Making it booster only will up the prices for a lot of the items that were very common in aban and it will engage for pvp which is the point of the city. Trust, having it booster is the way to go and worth the purchase since its so easy to get a lot of goodies from it.

3. Qaazx

Qaazx DrugRun Helper
    Staff Member Helper Wicked

Going off what Koszik said, aban almost instantly depreciated the cost of items like spawners to nothing. Also with Wicked Keys being the jackpot from Mystery Keys, it also boosts how rare and prestigious the Wicked Key was meant to be. Also during Aban boosters, chests will not reset every 8 hours, but every 15 minutes. That means you could walk circles around the city (if you survive) and walk out with stacks of goodies like Blue Crystal, Bath Salts, and other valuable items. Having it open for short amounts of time every so often will also get people into PvP environments since this is, after all, a factions server and there is PvP to be had. If you want no part of it, that's totally okay. If you feel that the loot is worth the fights, then that's what it will be there for.

#3 Qaazx, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2017
  4. Flavour

Flavour DrugRunkard
    Staff Member Admin

We have already tested Abandoned City as a free feature on the server, but we found it's hype and potential is really stored when it has limited access. The whole reason Abandoned City was incorporated: Make more PvP. If the city is open at any time of the day, all days of a week, then there is no point of boosting pvp. People will sneak in, loot, get out and be done. If it is open when everyone goes to the city at once, then people will pvp to get loot, to kill other players, etc.

Going off what you said for low-level players: there is nothing in abandoned city that really makes the jump from being a low-level player to a high level player. Abandoned City is just lots of loot and mystery crates. As Qaazx said,

5. Energyintake

Energyintake Member

I love PvP and when Abancity was open for that hour on Friday I slaughtered a good number of people to get the loot and appreciate this very much and I do believe that it would be cooler and more dangerous if Abancity was only open occasionally / with boosters (I'd spend the whole hour in there if that was the case, just like how I save drugs for booster shop hours); thank you for clearing things up for me and proving all these wonderful points!

#5 Energyintake, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  6. Marko

Marko Retired Staff

Not only all of that, but I think it gives a bit of motivation to get proper gear and either fight or flight during operating hours! As said previously, a lot of could go in constantly and as much as I loved the loot, it almost felt like a chore and was pretty OP.